Did you know?
The Contact Us feature on the website is a secure way for members to contact the ASEA Health Trust Administrator. This protects your personal information and also allows you to view a history of your messages and the Administrator’s responses. This replaces the email option previously under “Contact Us”. Call the Administrator at 866-553-8206 (toll-free) if you have questions.
Issue 1, 2020
Issue 4, 2019
Form 1095-B: Verifying Coverage On Your Tax Return
The 1095-B form is used to verify on your federal income tax return that you and your dependents have at least minimum qualifying health insurance coverage. It reports the type of health insurance coverage you have, any dependents covered by your insurance policy, and the period of coverage for the prior year. In the past, the IRS required that all health plans print and mail Form 1095-B to all plan members. Last year alone, this cost the Trust nearly $12,000.
Recently, the IRS changed its rules and no longer requires health plans to print and mail 1095-B forms. To save funds, the Trust has chosen to opt-out of printing and mailing Form 1095-B this year.
Trust Converting to New Claims Processing Platform
The Trust Administrative Office is in the process of converting to a new claims processing platform. During this conversion, you may experience a temporary delay in claims processing. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. If you need immediate assistance, please call the Trust Administrative Office at (866) 553-8206.
REMINDER – HCRA DIRECT DEPOSIT
If you have a Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA), be sure to take advantage of the HCRA Direct Deposit feature. You’ll receive your reimbursements more quickly and they will be deposited directly into your bank account - so there’s no waiting around for the USPS or trips to the bank. To set up your HCRA Direct Deposit, just complete and submit this Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposits – HCRA & HRA form to the Trust Administrator.
No-Cost Care for your Illness or Injury!
If you get sick or experience a non-life-threatening injury, don’t forget that you have options for non-urgent care at no cost to you!
- Make an appointment at a Coalition Health Center. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible – for services received at the CHCs in Fairbanks and Anchorage. . Due to COVID-19, the CHCs are currently available for appointment-only visits Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m. – 6:30p.m. Click here for more important information about changes in the CHCs delivery of care due to COVID-19.
IMPORTANT: Effective January 1, 2020, if you are unable to keep your appointment, you must cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance or you will be charged a $75 “no-show” fee that you must pay before your next appointment.
- Try Teladoc! If you are experiencing a fever, cough, and shortness of breath, you are encouraged to call a healthcare provider first to be assessed and for help with next steps, if needed. You can receive high quality care from anywhere with a virtual visit through Teladoc! You and your covered spouse and dependents can access a board-certified physician and receive high quality care by phone, online video or mobile app 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at no cost to you. Click here to learn more.
THERE IS NO COST TO YOU FOR PREVENTIVE CARE
You have lots of options for preventive care – and there’s not cost to you!
- Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider for preventive services. They are covered 100% by your Health Plan with no deductible. Click here to learn more.
- Make an appointment at the Coalition Health Center in Anchorage or Fairbanks. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible - for services received at the CHCs. (If you cannot attend your scheduled appointment, please cancel, in advance, so that others may have that appointment time. If you fail to keep your appointments, you may be excluded from making future appointments. CHC services will still be available by walk-in.) Click here to learn more.
- Get a free flu shot at a participating CVS/caremark pharmacy. Go to cvs.com for a list of CVS/caremark pharmacies or click here for a list of CVS/caremark participating pharmacies in your area.