The ASEA Health Trust has partnered with BridgeHealth to provide you with another option, in addition to the Plan’s PPOs in Alaska, for elective and non-urgent surgeries such as total hip or knee replacement, coronary artery bypass graft or spinal fusion. Through BridgeHealth, you can have your surgery performed by a top rated surgeon who is considered an expert for that procedure at a surgical facility that has a proven track record for healthy outcomes – at NO COST to you! The Health Trust is able to offer this benefit because the cost for these procedures can be much lower outside of the state of Alaska.
If you choose BridgeHealth, the Health Trust pays:
- ALL surgical costs during the episode of care; and there is no deductible or coinsurance,
- There may be other costs incurred which may be covered by your medical benefits but may be subject to your deductible or coinsurance such as medical clearance exam, durable medical equipment, additional imaging, follow up care with your local provider, and on-going physical therapy.
- Your travel expenses, including first-class airfare, lodging and food, up to benefit limitations,
- Travel expenses for a companion (whom you choose) to go with you as your caregiver.
NOTE: Plan limitations and exclusions will apply with respect to surgical procedures covered by the Plan. If the ASEA Health Trust Plan is your secondary health plan, BridgeHealth may not be available to you. Contact ASEA Health Trust Administrator for more information.
How To Use BridgeHealth
- If your doctor recommends surgery, contact BridgeHealth to ask if it is a covered procedure.
- Member Care Coordination: 844-249-8108
- Online: Register for an account on www.bridgehealth.com. Click on “Plan Member Login” and then click “Register here”. Use ASEAL for “Company Code”.
- You will work with a dedicated Care Coordinator who will guide you every step of the way:
- Assist you by explaining your benefits
- Help you understand your treatment options
- Make your travel arrangements
- Set up your pre-operative visit, surgery and post-operative visits with a BridgeHealth surgeon
Phone: 844-249-8108 (toll-free)