Did you know?
The Contact Us feature on the website has been improved to create a secure way for members to contact the ASEA Health Trust Administrator. This protects your personal information and also allows you to view a history of your messages and the Administrator’s responses. This replaces the email option previously under “Contact Us”. Call the Administrator at 866-553-8206 (toll-free) if you have questions.
Issue 2, 2019
Issue 1, 2019
BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION –
Notice of Nominations and Elections
The Board of Trustees is seeking nominations, beginning June 28, to fill two open Trustee positions: Statewide (At-Large) and Northern Region. If you are a member in good standing, look for the Notice of Nominations and Elections to be mailed to your home. Please consider running for this important opportunity to serve as a Trustee on the ASEA Health Benefits Trust Board.
- Trustee nominations accepted June 28 – July 22 at 5:00 p.m. (AKDT).
- Nominations will not be accepted after the deadline.
- For information about Trustee qualifications and responsibilities and how to submit a nomination, click here.
- Serious candidates may also discuss the position with a Trustee. Click here to send an email to the Trustees and one of them will contact you.
- Voting will be online beginning August 6 – September 5 at 5:00p.m. (AKDT).
- The election result will be announced on September 6.
Get Your Claims Paid on Time!
Have you completed the Family Information Form? ALL participants must complete a Family Information Form at the beginning of each Plan year, which begins July 1. Claims cannot be paid until this form is completed and submitted. If you did not complete the Family Information during Open Enrollment, click here to securely submit the form online. Or, you can print a PDF and fax or mail it to the Trust Administrative Office for processing.
No-Cost Care for your Summer-Time Illness or Injury!
If you get sick or experience a non-life-threatening injury this summer, don’t forget that you have options for non-urgent care at no cost to you!
- Make an appointment at a Coalition Health Center. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible – for services received at the CHCs in Fairbanks and Anchorage. Please make an appointment whenever possible, but the CHCs are open for walk-in care from 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m., Monday-Friday. Click here for more information including locations and hours of operation.
- Try Teladoc! Don’t leave that favorite summer-time activity just to sit in a doctor’s office waiting room to receive care. You can receive high quality care from anywhere with a virtual visit through Teladoc! You and your covered spouses and dependents can access a board-certified physician and receive high quality care by phone, online video or mobile app 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at no cost to you. Click here to learn more.
THERE IS NO COST TO YOU FOR PREVENTIVE CARE
You have lots of options for preventive care – and there’s not cost to you!
- Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider for preventive services. They are covered 100% by your Health Plan with no deductible. Click here to learn more.
- Make an appointment at the Coalition Health Center in Anchorage or Fairbanks. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible - for services received at the CHCs. The CHC’s are now open on Saturday from 8:00a.m. – 2:00p.m. for appointment-only visits. (If you cannot attend your scheduled appointment, please cancel, in advance, so that others may have that appointment time. You will be assessed a $75 no-show fee if you do not cancel.) Click here to learn more.
- Get a free flu shot at a participating CVS/caremark pharmacy. Go to cvs.com for a list of CVS/caremark pharmacies or click here for a list of CVS/caremark participating pharmacies in your area.