PLEASE VOTE ON THE PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ARTICLE III OF THE TRUST AGREEMENT
Opens November 12, 12:00 P.M. — Closes December 11, 12:00 P.M.
Recently, other public sector unions have requested to bargain into our health plan; they see how our Trust has been able to control costs, while offering a high level of benefits and reasonable employee contribution rates. In order to expand the Trust and allow other public sector union plans into our Trust, a modification to Article III of the Trust Agreement is necessary which requires the vote of our membership. If approved, the Board of Trustees and its advisors will review each request from other public sector union plans and approve only those requests that are in the best interest of the Trust.
Considerations made by the Board of Trustees and their advisors when reviewing requests by other public sector unions to participate in our Plan:
- A new group must have acceptable reserves and/or adequate contribution rates.
- The ASEA/AFSCME Local 52 Health Benefits Trust will not use its reserves to subsidize new groups.
- Claims experience of new groups who join the Trust will be monitored to enable negotiations of employer contributions rates while they are members of the Trust.
Advantage of allowing other public sector unions to participate in our Plan:
- Bringing in a new group would allow fixed costs to be spread among more participants thereby reducing our per employee administrative costs.
Click here to see the Notice of Proposed Amendment to Article III of the Trust Agreement.
Click here to see the Proposed AMENDED Article III of the Trust Agreement.
Click here to see the CURRENT Article III of the Trust Agreement (page 12 of PDF).
CAN’T MAKE IT TO A FALL HEALTH FAIR?
You have other options!
- Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider for preventive services. They are covered 100% by your Health Plan with no deductible. Click here to learn more.
- Make an appointment at the Coalition Health Center in Anchorage or Fairbanks. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible - for services received at the CHCs. Click here to learn more.
- Get a free flu shot at a participating CVS/caremark pharmacy. Go to cvs.com for a list of CVS/caremark pharmacies or click here for a list of CVS/caremark participating pharmacies in your area.
- Get a free flu shot during the “Don’t Get the Flu. Drive on Thru!” clinics at Alaska Regional Hospital. Click here for more information.
Preventive care is so important in maintaining your good health. If you can, be sure to go to coalitionhealthfair.org to pre-register for a Fall Health Fair appointment before they fill up. But, if you are unable to attend one of the Fall Health Fairs, you’re covered for these same services through your ASEA Health Plan.
Questions or Concerns About the Spousal Surcharge for Plan A?
A $125 spousal surcharge will be added to your monthly payroll deduction if you are enrolled in Plan A and have enrolled a working spouse who has opted out of his/her employer’s health care coverage. Plan participants enroll in Plan A must complete an open enrollment form to verify their spouse’s eligibility for employer-sponsored health care coverage.
Please click here for more information.
The Coalition Health Centers – NEW SERVICES OFFERED!
The Coalition Health Centers continue to expand their services for your convenience and satisfaction. Radiology is now available in both Centers and they recently began to offer minor in-office procedures such as wart removal, simple biopsies, and IUD placement and removal.
Visit the new CHC website where you can schedule an appointment, view available services and, coming soon, view your visit history and test results through a patient portal.
Remember, you don’t have to pay a copay or meet the annual deductible for services you receive at the Centers.
Click here for Coalition Health Center locations and hours of operation.