BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION – Notice of Nominations and Elections
The Board of Trustees is seeking nominations, beginning June 22, from members who would like to run for one of two positions on the Board: Central (Anchorage) Region and Statewide (At-Large) Seat. If you are a member in good standing, look for the Notice of Nominations and Elections to be mailed to your home. Please consider running for this important opportunity to serve as a Trustee on the ASEA Health Benefits Trust Board.
- Trustee nominations accepted June 22 – July 24 at 5:00 p.m. (AKDT).
- Nominations will not be accepted after the deadline.
- For information about Trustee qualifications and responsibilities and how to submit a nomination, click here.
- Serious candidates may also discuss the position with a Trustee. Click here to send an email to the Trustees and one of them will contact you.
- Voting will be online beginning August 10 – September 10 at 5:00p.m. (AKDT).
- The election result will be announced on September 11.
Get Your Claims Paid on Time!
Have you completed the Family Information Form? ALL participants must complete a Family Information Form at the beginning of each Plan year, which begins July 1. Claims cannot be paid until this form is completed and submitted. If you did not complete the Family Information during Open Enrollment, click here to securely submit the form online. Or, you can print a PDF and fax or mail it to the Trust Administrative Office for processing.
Form 1095-B: Verifying Coverage On Your Tax Return
The 1095-B form is used to verify on your federal income tax return that you and your dependents have at least minimum qualifying health insurance coverage. It reports the type of health insurance coverage you have, any dependents covered by your insurance policy, and the period of coverage for the prior year. In the past, the IRS required that all health plans print and mail Form 1095-B to all plan members. Last year alone, this cost the Trust nearly $12,000.
Recently, the IRS changed its rules and no longer requires health plans to print and mail 1095-B forms. To save funds, the Trust has chosen to opt-out of printing and mailing Form 1095-B this year.
NEW HCRA/HRA ONLINE PORTAL AND MOBILE APP
Designed with YOU in mind!
Beginning July 1, 2020, the Trust will transition to a new HCRA/HRA online portal and mobile application which provide simple navigation features to help you more efficiently and effectively manage your HCRA/HRA account. If you are currently enrolled in a HCRA or if you have an HRA because you are enrolled in Plan D, you will receive more information in the mail.
Please note these important dates during the transition to the new online portal:
- Claims received before June 17, 2020 will be processed on June 19, 2020.
- Claim processing and reimbursement will resume on July 1, 2020. All claims received after June 17, 2020, will be processed at this time.
- Zenith’s Customer Service Team will be available to assist participants with questions regarding the transition. You can reach us at (866) 553-8206 (toll-free), Option “2”, then “2”.
Click here for more information.
No-Cost Care for your Illness or Injury!
If you get sick or experience a non-life-threatening injury, don’t forget that you have options for non-urgent care at no cost to you!
- Make an appointment at a Coalition Health Center. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible – for services received at the CHCs in Fairbanks and Anchorage. . Due to COVID-19, the CHCs are currently available for appointment-only visits Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m. – 6:30p.m. Click here for more important information about changes in the CHCs delivery of care due to COVID-19.
IMPORTANT: Effective January 1, 2020, if you are unable to keep your appointment, you must cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance or you will be charged a $75 “no-show” fee that you must pay before your next appointment.
- Try Teladoc! If you are experiencing a fever, cough, and shortness of breath, you are encouraged to call a healthcare provider first to be assessed and for help with next steps, if needed. You can receive high quality care from anywhere with a virtual visit through Teladoc! You and your covered spouse and dependents can access a board-certified physician and receive high quality care by phone, online video or mobile app 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at no cost to you. Click here to learn more.
THERE IS NO COST TO YOU FOR PREVENTIVE CARE
You have lots of options for preventive care – and there’s not cost to you!
- Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider for preventive services. They are covered 100% by your Health Plan with no deductible. Click here to learn more.
- Make an appointment at the Coalition Health Center in Anchorage or Fairbanks. You pay nothing – no copay or deductible - for services received at the CHCs. (If you cannot attend your scheduled appointment, please cancel, in advance, so that others may have that appointment time. If you fail to keep your appointments, you may be excluded from making future appointments. CHC services will still be available by walk-in.) Click here to learn more.
- Get a free flu shot at a participating CVS/caremark pharmacy. Go to cvs.com for a list of CVS/caremark pharmacies or click here for a list of CVS/caremark participating pharmacies in your area.