ASEA Health Trust Benefits
- Enroll your spouse in Health Trust benefits. To enroll, submit a new Enrollment and Eligibility Forms. If you wish to change your plan selection, submit a new Flexible Benefits Enrollment Form.
- For a spouse:
- You must enroll within 60 days of marriage and submit a copy of your marriage certificate. If your spouse has other coverage and you wish to waive your spouse’s Health Trust coverage, complete the Other Coverage Statement Form.
- For a spouse:
- Complete the Other Coverage Statement Form, if your spouse has other coverage. Review Coordination of Benefits rules to learn how the two plans work together to pay your covered expenses for participants enrolled in both plans.
- Notify the Health Trust if you change your legal name. Submit a new Family Information Form or contact the Health Trust office.
State Of Alaska Retirement & Employee Benefits
NOTE: Trust benefits are separate from those offered through the State of Alaska Division of Retirement and Benefits.
- Complete a new W-4 Form to withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Consider completing a new W-4 Form whenever your personal or financial situation changes.
- Update your Life Insurance and Retirement Benefits beneficiaries:
- Consider increasing your Life Insurance coverage. You may add Supplemental Optional Benefits within 30 days of a qualified change in your family status.
- Update your mailing address, if you move.
ASEA/AFSCME Local 52 Union
- Notify the Union if you change your mailing address or your legal name. Call the Union office at 907-277-5200 or 800-478-2732 (toll-free) to notify the Union of these changes.
ASEA Legal Services Trust
- Prepare or update your will. ASEA Legal Services Trust pays for covered legal services for eligible GGU employees up to an annual benefit limit. You may also consult an attorney about marital issues.
- Learn how to stay strong as a couple. Tap into a wealth of resources available to you through the Health Trust’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Go to Lifeworks, enter User ID: asea; Password: eap, then type “couples” in the search box to see articles, recordings, booklets and more on challenges couples face.
- Find out how marriage affects a woman’s social security benefits. The Social Security Administration’s Publication, What Every Woman Should Know, explains how to change your name following marriage and how marriage may affect your social security benefits.